Introduction to SS 444:2018 - Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
As the food industry grows, so does the importance of maintaining food safety in the supply chain. This point is emphasised by the increasing number of food poisoning or food contamination cases throughout the world.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is one of the solutions to prevent food safety hazards from affecting the food chain operators, involved in the manufacturing, producing, processing, preserving, catering, storing, packaging, transporting and operating of restaurants/cafes.
HACCP is a preventive system of control which identifies specific hazards and control measures for businesses to ensure the safety of food. It is scientific and risk based. It enables food establishments and regulatory authorities to identify, prevent and reduce food-borne hazards in any segment of the food chain.
Roadmap to SS 444:2018 Certification
The Singapore Standard SS 444:2018 – Hazards analysis and critical control point (HACCP) system for the food industry – was developed by SPRING Singapore (now Enterprise Singapore) under the Singapore Standardisation Programme.
SS 444:2018 is based on the Codex Alimentarius Commission’s “Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) System and Guidelines for its Application (Annex to CAC/RCP 1-1969, 2003 Edition, Editorial Corrections 2011, General Principles of Food Hygiene)”, adapted and reproduced with permission from Codex.
The SS 444:2018 has been published and will supersede the previous SS 444:2010 version. Moving forward, companies must adopt this latest version of the HACCP standard. To aid this transition, Stendard First™ creates the organisation-specific documents that adhere to SS 444:2018 within a day. Companies can implement the standard with ease.
+ Stage 1: Start preparing for the journey. Learn how to with Stendard.
- Gain an overview of regulatory requirements (catered to your business expansion strategy).
- Understand the requirements of the standard and know what quality practices need to be in place.
+ Stage 2: Automate the creation of your QMS documents with Stendard Solution™.
- Stendard Solution™ allows for efficient, automated document generation.
HACCP Manual and SOPs customised according to certification requirements and your company specifics.
Form templates, ready for immediate implementation.
+ Stage 3: Begin putting your SOPs into practice. Digitalise this with Stendard Solution™.
- Set up your QMS with the implementation of processes.
The team at Stendard is able to support this with a step-by-step run-through of the clauses and SOPs to match your current business practices - tightening processes to be implemented, or modifying draft documents if necessary.
- With Stendard Solution™, maintain an updated, consolidated depository of your team's records, without physical limitations.
+ Stage 4: Perform your internal audit.
- Support from the team at Stendard includes:
Training on how to conduct an internal audit.
Proper diagnostic assessment before your first audit to ensure readiness.
- The Audit module within Stendard Solution™ includes a clause-by-clause checklist to ensure you have covered all the requirements of the standards.
+ Stage 5: Achieve your Certification!
(Given external audit by Certification Bodies)
- Passing your external audit would mean obtaining your SS 444:2018 certification!
- Every SS 444 audit follows a 3-year cycle: an initial audit, with surveillance audits each year for the next two years. After which, the cycle begins again.
- Maintaining your certification would require continued compliance to the standards. With Stendard Solution™, you can easily keep up with it!